Top 8 Signs It's Time to Hire a Maid Service
Americans are busier today than ever before – stretched to the limit by work, school, parenting, and elder care responsibilities. Cleaning services can help modern families have more of life’s most valuable commodity – time.
Adults are working more hours and often continue to labor when they arrive home via telecommuting. Also, many in the “sandwich generation” must not only attend school plays and chauffer their children to soccer practice, they must also see to the needs of grandparents or parents - taking them to doctor’s appointments, helping them with household tasks, etc.. Finding a little downtime for themselves or time to spend on leisurely family activities can be nearly impossible.
One way working adults can claim back a little of their “me” time is by hiring a maid service to take care of their household cleaning needs. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, individuals over the age of 15 spend on average about 21 hours per week on unpaid household labor – preparing meals, cleaning, laundry, sewing, maintenance, and repair. Hiring a cleaning service can help men and women reclaim valuable time they can spend on hobbies, spending time with family and friends, or just resting and recharging.
When It’s Time to Hire a Maid
If you’re not sure whether hiring a cleaner is right for you and your family, consider these tips for knowing when to put down the Swiffer and call in a professional:
• If cleaning isn’t your thing – We all have different talents and different weak spots. Some people just aren’t good at cleaning and end up spending hours doing a poor job on tasks other people can complete quickly and nearly effortlessly. If you’re spending hours on a no-win battle against dust, dirt, and laundry, calling in a maid service might be a good idea. Maids specialize in cleaning, it’s their job. Leaving cleaning in their hands ensures that the job gets done right.
• Special occasions – Some households don’t require a regular maid, they just need help getting ready for special occasions like engagement parties, weddings, birthday parties, and other events. A cleaning service can help organize your home to prepare for special days in the life of your family. For once-in-a-lifetime events, you want your home to be in top condition. Cleaners make this much easier and are often more effective in deep cleaning than individuals busy with invitations, guest lists, catering, and other tasks.
• Do the math – Calculate how much you get paid per hour at work and determine how many hours you spend per week on cleaning tasks like mopping, laundry, vacuuming, etc. Then consider how much a weekly or monthly maid service would cost. Chances are that hiring a cleaner would be cheaper than the amount you would pay yourself for these tasks.
• Helping your parents – Many men and women today are taking care of their parents and grandparents as they get older, helping them with various household tasks such as lawn care and cleaning. This detracts from the time that they can spend on their own homes or on leisure activities. Hiring a maid service can provide your parents or grandparents with top-notch cleaning, and you with a little down time.
• Lack of leisure time – When’s the last time you had a drink with your co-workers? When did you last get to go on a vacation or just to a movie? If it’s been a while, you may want to consider cutting down on your home cleaning commitments to free up time to do the things you love. A few hours saved each week can add up over the course of a year to quite a bit of free time.
• Getting ready to sell – If you’re preparing to sell your home, it pays to have it cleaned by professionals. Appearances are everything when it comes to selling real estate, and a deep cleaning by professional cleaners can help get your home ready for prospective buyers. Professional cleaners have the tools and training to get your house back into mint condition, allowing you to negotiate higher sale prices from people interested in buying your home.
• Consider your health – Chemicals associated with cleaning such as sprays, bleach, or mopping solution can be harmful to the health of people with respiratory or other medical issues. If you feel ill after cleaning, or if the tasks involved exhaust you, hiring a cleaning service will help ensure that your home stays clean and you stay healthy.
Downtime Essential for Health
Finding time for rest and leisure activities is important for physical and mental health. Experts suggest that adults get at least eight hours of sleep per night to maintain good physical and mental health. Studies also warn that adults who work more than 60 hours per week are at greater risk for heart attack.
While you may not be able to reduce your hours on the job, you can reduce the amount of time you spend on tedious cleaning and maintenance tasks at home by hiring a professional cleaning service. 2 Local Gals Housekeeping provides professional house and office cleaning services to cities in Utah and Florida. Clients can rely on 2 Local Gals for quality housekeeping services as well as home organization help.
Stop wasting valuable time you could be spending on the people and activities you love. Leave the drudgery to 2 Local Gals and see how the minimal investment you spend hiring a cleaning service yield dividends in better quality of life and a pristine living space.
Please visit the following page to pick the city you are located in to receive more information - https://www.2localgals.com/contact.html